Thursday 23 July 2009

Councillor Wilson says THANK YOU Reddish


Labour's David Wilson surged to victory in the Reddish North by-election tonight, increasing Labour's majority by around 200 votes on the previous local election result in May 2008.
Despite throwing their entire election machine at the contest, the Lib Dems limped into a pathetic 4th place behind the Conservatives and UKIP.

Councillor David Wilson (as he can now be known!) said: "I am delighted with this result. It is a complete victory for Reddish North. I want to thank all the people who placed their trust in me. I will always try my very best for the people of Reddish North. I will not let you down".

Andrew Gwynne MP said "David Wilson will make an absolutely fantastic Labour Councillor for Reddish North. Congratulations David. Thank you Reddish North".

THE RESULTS:
==========================
Labour: 1,218 (50%)
Conservative: 403 (16%)
UKIP: 342 (14%)
Lib Dem: 303 (12%)
BNP: 195 (8%)
__________________________
Labour Majority: 815 (34%)

Turnout 23.5%